8/2/10

Star style: Rachel Bilson


It's time to introduce a new section. Star style will feature the most fashionable celebrities, starting of with Rachel Bilson, known from the teen hit-series The O.C. Rachel's style is always cute and classy, no wonder she got picked to star on the cover of Instyle UK's fashion issue!

Interview from Instyle UK:
  • Rachel Bilson on privacy and [boyfriend] Hayden Christensen: Whatever the papers may have recently speculated about her and the “very private” Hayden, she refuses to let it have any effect on her life. So much so, in fact, that she makes a point of not reading any press. “I would never want to read or hear anything about myself. It is poison,” she insists.
  • On Mischa Barton and The OC: “I do miss Summer terribly,” she says. “The OC was the most phenomenal time. I saw Mischa at Cannes, but I honestly miss everyone from the show.” She continues, “I do fall out of cars, but not because I am drunk, but because I am clumsy. I think the girls who come to fame younger fall into all that [partying], but I did it before I became famous. I mean, I was 21 when The OC started, Mischa was 16. I can’t imagine dealing with that kind of success at that age. My life may have been very different if I had started out that young.”
  • On body image and weight issues: “You know what I hate?” she says… “the amount of attention that is put on weight and body image. It is so backwards and sends out the wrong message. ‘What do you eat? Do you work out?’ It’s not what young girls should be stressing about. They look up to these actresses and read about plastic surgery and what they do and don’t eat. I eat, I love food, I wanna eat when I wanna eat. If you are not feeling good about yourself, then you work out. But you do it for you.”
  • On her car accident: “I don’t remember anything. Seriously. I was in a coma for three days, but I don’t remember the accident. I had a head injury, so I sort of blacked out. People said it would come back to me, but you know, I am hoping it never will”.
  • On fashion and designing: “I would love to do some more designing, but only if I could do it properly,” says Rachel. “I think Sienna Miller’s clothing line with her sister [Twenty8Twelve] is really clever and the Olsen twins make great clothes with The Row and Elizabeth and James. They are examples of talented people who have done it right. Some people just put their name on stuff, but those guys are authentic and know what they are doing because they have good taste. That’s the difference.”
  • “I am a Chanel girl until I die. I have a real Chanel wedding dress wish. I guess a girl can dream.”

Photos from the Instyle UK magazine shoot:

 Images and video courtesy of Instyle UK.

Behind the scenes video:



Style pics:

1. Black & white chic with a color accent. 
2. LBD + denim jacket + clog wedges = perfect mix between dressy & casual.
3. Casual chic in a mustard yellow dress with a black leather jacket.

1. Love this Zac Posen outfit!
2. Gorgeous in a Chanel maxi dress.
3. Fabulous in a turquoise dress by Roland Mouret.

1. 'I thought this Louis Vuitton dress was kind of fun as it is a throwback to the Fifties, it was a lot of dress! When you see the fabric up close, the pattern is actually feathers. I thought it was really neat.’ We think so too, Rachel!
2. Layered cut-out Preen dress paired with nude heels.
3. Monochrome chic.

1. Looking like a goddess in a cream Chanel layered chiffon dress.
2. Sexy in a navy satin and silk Salvatore Ferragamo dress.
3. 'This Diane von Furstenberg was fun, it was colourful and a really great print. I really like Diane’s work. She is a really really clever lady. I usually need to have things shortened, but not this.' Rachel really rocked that dress! Loves it!
1. Rachel looks stunning in this emerald green Bally dress and snakeskin platform heels.
2. Cute in a graphic navy and white 3.1 Phillip Lim dress and gold pumps.
3. Like a Grecian goddess in a Max Azria dress.

1. Mini dress + black jacket = great combo!
2. Rockin' the Zac Posen androgynous look effortlessly.
3. Blue sequin blazer with a loose white tee, a super-skinny grey jeans and an oversized clutch.

1. Love her in this playful multicolored print dress! Anyone that can ID it?
2. This light turquoise Brian Reyes dress looks great on her.
3. Looking superhot in this Hervé Léger bandage dress with a feather clutch! I want it!

1. Sultry and sexy in this white John Galliano for Dior gown.
2. Abaete dress paired with Christian Louboutin heels, a black belt, gold hoop earrings and stacked bangles.
3. Gorgeous bejewelled black Chanel dress.


1. Classic white dress and golden necklace.
2. I don't quite fancy this 'Spanish flavour' look. Maybe losing the grey tights would help?
3. She certainly knows how to dress for the occasion! Looking cute at a Teen Vogue party in a Brian Reyes cream party dress with cropped jacket and cap.


1. Wearing another maxi dress (2006). Little did she know this was going to be a major hit in 2010!
2. Looking classy in a black cutout halter dress, black heels and red nails.
3. Business chic.

1. Looking like a star in a silver sequined Jenni Kayne dress.
2. Lady in red, spotted in a Brian Reyes floor-length dress. Simply stunning!
3. Pretty pink satin dress, but I would've lost the black turtleneck jersey.

1. I love this floor-length lacy Wunderkind dress. Definitely a showstopper!
2. Stylish and fun in a rainbow colored Zac Posen dress. I love the electric blue heels!
3. Mix of 3 shades of taupe. She had better looks than this one..

1. Love the blue Fendi dress she's wearing! She did great with the accessories too.
2. Casual red carpet look wearing knee-length shorts, simple tank top and turquoise heels.
3. At the beginning of her career, dressed casually cute at a Teen Vogue party.

1. Nice retro-looking dress, the perfect mix of glitter and glam.
2. Looking great in this black Monique Lhuillier dress at the top of her OC career.
3. Wearing a gorgeous golden maxi dress at the Golden Globes. Have I told you she dresses appropriately for an event? ;)

1. Casual with a cute bun, blue blazer, skinny jeans and red handbag.
2. Camel coat teamed with white skinny jeans and beige knee-high boots.
3. Again casual on the red carpet.

1. Rachel's interpretation of the marine trend. It looks awesome!
2. Rockin' the boyfriend jeans, paired with a blue blazer and grey tee.
3. Cute green print dress paired with leather leggings and black heels
4. Looking gorgeous in a feathered Chanel dress.

As you can see, Rachel Bilson has impeccable style. She's not afraid to try new things, that's what I love about her. No wonder she got to design a jeans line called 'Edie Rose' at 'DKNY Jeans' in 2008. It had very wearable yellow and black pieces, some with male influences. The collection was great. Rachel is one of the few celebrities who truly understand fashion. I sometimes wonder why celebrities design clothes for us to wear, when they hardly even manage to style themselves?

Here's a look at the Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans collection:

Image courtesy of DKNY Jeans. Style pics courtesy of Rex Features.

What do you think of Rachel's style, her Edie Rose collection and celebrity designers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails