8/30/10

Shoplog: London

If you follow me on Twitter, you probably know I spent part of my vacation in London. And since London is Europe's high street fashion capital, I just had to go shopping. There are so many great stores and brands that you can't buy here in Belgium, so I really had to restrain myself from spending all of my money. I did spend a lot though. It's probably a good thing I only stayed 3 days. Anyway, take a look at my London buys after the jump!



Note: The pics I took myself were not so clear because I didn't have enough light thanks to the bad weather here. (Seriously, it's August and I feel like I need to wear a big sweater and turn up the heat..) Anyway, I used pics from internet instead. Enjoy!

Of course I went to Topshop Oxford Street! It was my first time in Topshop and I felt like a kid in a candy store. This shop is so big, I got lost when I tried to find another size of the items I picked. I found it a bit chaotic and the fact that it's so crowded didn't help either. If you're living in London I seriously envy you. I could spend a whole day in that store alone just mixing and matching. I'll tell you more about Topshop and the other stores I visited in a new shopping section (coming soon)! 

Anyway, I bought the leather shorts because it has been on my wishlist since I saw them at the Alexander Wang show. I still want to get leather trousers as well. Leather is definitely one of my must-have trends of this season! I bought the British flag tee because I wanted to have some kind of London souvenir that wasn't too obvious and I had to be able to use it. So those cliché tourist shops are a big no-no for me. The tee was perfect. It's from a British brand (Topshop), it had the British flag, it had a big neck (I love to wear this with one bear shoulder), and it goes perfectly with the leather pants.

At New Look, I bought the Lady Gaga tee (I'm a huge fan) and a pair of biker boots (brown version), which is one of the key shoe trends for this season. I'll tell you all about it in my trend posts (coming soon)!

One of my London discoveries is the David & Goliath shop. It's filled with apparel and accessories with funny lines and cute characters. I'll tell you all about it and show you some picturues later.

I died when I visited French Connection. So many great and elegant designs. I came here for one purpose only: score the Grecian dress I talked about earlier. I had such a tough time choosing between the creme and black version (I still want them both!). I'll tell ya, this one is definitely a headturner. I'm planning on saving it for a special evening.

Then there's the Converse All Stars I bought at Schuh. It's my first pair of Converse shoes. I do remember I used to have a pair of blue big All Star lookalikes from Diesel when I was small, but now I have the real deal. I've wanted these for so long and since it has been a long time since I bought a pair of sneakers, I thought this is the right time. I'll save them for next summer though, when the weather is better so they'll stay white.



I needed to buy a few new rings since my old ones keep on falling off. I have difficulties finding the right size because my fingers are really slim. And I mostly wind up buying the rings anyway because I like them so much and so I have to wear them on my middle finger. It was exactly like that with the golden bow ring I bought at Accessorize. I already had visited multiple stores, but each time the 'small' size was out of stock, so I wound up buying the 'medium' one. As posted earlier, insects are one of the jewelry trends for this season, so I bought a cute butterfly ring. I bought the anchor earrings to complete my navy look.

I was so happy when I stumbled upon the cross ring at Urban Outfitters. It looks exactly like the one I wanted from the Material Girl line by Madonna. It's only available online and at the UO Oxford Street store.

I bought the cute plastic cat ring at an even cuter store called Tatty Divine. I'll tell you more about it later.


I visited a lot of department stores (John Lewis, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Harrods, House of Fraser, Debenhams..), where salespeople were lurking around every corner, so of course I bought a lot! Good thing I made a list beforehand so I wasn't easily tempted.. Here's the loot..

Boots °7 - OPI - Benefit - Lush - Urban Decay - The Body shop - Illamasqua - MAC
Product reviews coming soon!

 Harper's Bazaar US/UK - Elle Collections - InStyle UK - Elle BE/NL/US/UK - Vogue UK - Jackie NL - L'Officiel NL - Cosmopolitan NL - Cosmo Girl NL - Marie Claire BE/NL/UK - Glamour UK

Like I said earlier, I can't go anywhere without buying my stash of fashion magazines. It's kinda my thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails