12/17/10

Carine Roitfeld is leaving Vogue France

Yup, it's hard to believe, I know, but it's true. After more than 10 years, Carine Roitfeld will put an end to her carreer at Vogue, free willingly that is. In a few weeks, she will no longer be known as the editor-in-chief of Vogue France. Under her guidance the magazine grew out to be what it is today; internationally respected.

Little is known of what her plans are for the future. In fact, she told fashion journalist Cathy Horyn that she doesn't have any at the moment. She looks back on her career at Vogue as a fun time: "I got the freedom to do whatever I wanted. And I think I did a great job. But if everything is going great, it is time to start something new."

The March number will be the last edition published under her control. But what will happen after, only time will tell.. Condé Nast hasn't appointed a successor yet. I'm pretty curious about who's it going to be and how it will influence Vogue France. Either way, Carine will definitely be missed..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails